What's a decade really?
After a decade off from blogging I'm back. I will use this as a place for updates regarding my slowing down / health exploration situation.
At this point, I will do a very quick and crude overview of what's been shaking since 2011.
- Long Island, NY
- Got a house on long island, new york with the husband and pups
- Career
- Arts administration mostly in queens, it was a challenge with the commute
- Master of Arts - Higher Ed Administration
- 2013-2015- went to Stony Brook University graduated summa cum laude
- Was pregnant and gave birth to twins born on christmas day in my first year of my masters
- Twins Life-
- SAHM'd it after the twins were born for about 20 months while powering through the MA
- Worked on LI at SJC - a private catholic college- got the higher ed bug and have been loving it
- SWFL
- Moved to Fort Myers
- started working at FGCU in financial aid (then worked in academic advising and now curriculum coordination)
- sold the LI house and bought the Iona, FL house
- made friends, hang with folks a lot as they're down the street
- got a cat named freddie mercury ryan and two turtles one named rosie and one names sirius black (he died in october)
- SIBS
- Due to being pressured by my half brother (not confirmed at the time) I took an ancestry test which led me to finding out I have 7 full biological siblings and 1 half (aforementioned brother).
- 6 are in colombia, 1 is in CT and my half brother is on LI.
- I speak with a few of the colombian ones but am mostly just close to the stateside sibs.
- My sis is just like me but cooler and if possible, busier.
- PhD
- I tried a PhD at my current HEI- FGCU in 2018 and HATED IT
- I missed the kids they were too little at that time
- Tim just moved to florida after nearly two years of being away trying to get a transfer from his job which ended up not happening.
- In spring 2020 pre-covid I decided to apply to the phd at Purdue University and to my shock got in.
- Covid happened which has definitely made my cohort special snowflakes in our own right
And that catches up to right now. The last few months have been wild. After a few health hiccups for my family- my husband had surgery, my son was scratched by a cat and had to undergo the rabies series, had an allergic reaction and had to be admitted to the hospital for a week, I am now facing some pretty unique and challenging health issues.
I was hit by a construction truck the night my son was discharged from the hospital (literally on our way home) and then after a month got to the doctor. Since then I have been to the hospital 3 x and have not worked in about a month. It's been a crazy ride but due to everything I am not going to be working or schooling full time this semester and I am trying to figure out what is happening with my body which is requiring me to...
Slow down...